Mt. K2 Expedition - 8616m
K-2 is a rocky mountain up to 6,000m, beyond which it becomes an ocean of snow. The traditional route to K-2 baseK2 Mountain camp goes from Skardu, which is linked with Islamabad by a good road. From Skardu the route goes via Shigar-Dassu-Askole up to Concordia over the Baltoro glacier.
K-2 was firstly discovered and measured by the Survey of India in 1856, and first named for English topographer Henry Godwin - Austen, who explored and surveyed the region.
K-2 is taken from the first letter of Karakoram, and the number indicates that it was the second peak in the range to be measured. K-2 was firstly climbed on July,31 1954 by Italian climbers team lead by Ardito Desio and accompanying him were Lino Lacedelli and Achille Compagnoni. A March 1987 measurement of K-2 indicated that it might be higher than Everest, but later that year, Everest was re-measured by a similar method and found to be 778 ft (237m) taller.
- Duration :
- 60 Days
- Highest Altitude :
- Best Seasons :
- Sep-Nov, Mar-May
Day 01 : Arrival in Islamabad, transfer to hotel
Day 02 - 03: Islamabad - briefing at Ministry of Tourism and prepration for K2 expedition
Day 04 : Drive to Chilas, transfer to hotel for overnight
Day 05 : Drive to Skardu, overnight at hotel
Day 06 : Skardu- preparations.
Day 07 : Drive to Thongal/Askole, overnight camp
Day 08 : Trek to Korofong, overnight camp
Day 09 : Trek to Chobraqk, overnight camp
Day 10 : Trek to Paiyu, overnight camp
Day 11 : Trek to Urdukas, overnight camp
Day 12 : Trek to Goro, overnight camp
Day 13 : Trek to Concordia, overnight camp
Day 14 : Trek to K2 Base Camp
Day 15 - 49 : Reserved for K2 Climbing
Day 50 : Trek back to Concordia. Overnight camp
Day 51 : Trek to Ali Camp. Overnight camp
Day 52 : Trek to Low Camp via the Gondogoro Pass
Day 53 : Trek to Dalsanga Pa. Overnight camp
Day 54 : Trek to Hushe. Overnight camping
Day 55 : Drive to Skardu. Overnight at hotel
Day 56 : Skardu- relax at Skardu
Day 57 : Drive to Chilas. Overnight at hotel
Day 58 : Drive to Islamabad. Overnight at hotel
Day 59 : Islamabad – briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 60 : Final departure
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Welcome reception (briefing)/farewell meeting (de-briefing) at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
- Hotel accommodation at Chancery Guest House ( Islamabad), Concordia Motel (Skardu) and Panorama Hotel (Chilas) with all meals.
- All meals during trek and 20 days at B.C.
- Porterage of 50 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. to the B.C and 25 kg per person on return from B.C respectively.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within the city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tent, mattress, mess/kitchen with table/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, sirdar, cook and low altitude porters.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Letter of guarantee on behalf of team/client for environmental bond.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (Wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
- Domestic air fare Islamabad/Skardu/Islamabad.
- Airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- High altitude porters/any crew above B.C.
- Tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member(s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Permit, Pollution and Environmental fee or any other fee required to be paid by the Government of Pakistan.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and clearing agent’s charges.
- Any other service not mentioned in this condition sheet.